Pit & Quarry inducts inaugural class into Hall of Fame
Seven men whose work and dedication made them pioneering leaders within the aggregates industry were honored March 17 as the inaugural class of the Pit & Quarry Hall of Fame. The seven were honored at a black-tie recognition dinner and induction ceremony at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio before the AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo. The inaugural class includes:
- Emil Deister Sr., Deister Machine Co.
- LeRoy Hagenbuch, Philippi-Hagenbuch
- Charles W. Ireland, Vulcan Materials Co.
- Charles Luck Jr., Luck Stone
- Samuel Calvin McLanahan, McLanahan Corp.
- Paul C. Mellott Jr., Mellott Co.
- Arthur Taggart, Columbia and Yale Universities
The staff of Pit & Quarry launched the Hall of Fame in September 2012 with the intention of making the induction ceremony an annual tradition that recognizes the pioneers, icons and leaders – past and present – and creates a permanent legacy for their contributions to the industry.